Thursday 14 August 2008

Plans are afoot........

Well we have a plan for our retreat from the south of France. We will leave the house here on the 9th of Sept and start the next chapter. We have been invited to visit the great Alex, whose blog I read when we were back in Fulham and first got a taste for the region. So it will be nice to finally meet him and his wife. Then we will have a couple of days to wander back to the ferry.

We have to be back in England on Saturday as we are picking up the keys to our new home. A caravan on a hoilday park in Camber sands !. This will be for only two weeks, as I looked into hotels and B&B prices and they really are crazy. B&B's £60 per night and an extra £4 for breakfast !.


Then on the 27th we move into a marina development, it looks nice. We have a balcony that overlooks the harbour and we can sit with a drink and watch the yachts come in and out. It will be a good base to start looking for a house. Plus it will be somewhere nice for the boys to come at Christmas. We have been trawling the net looking at houses, also Chris's ( my cousin who died ) fiancee owns an estate agents in Bexhill and has said she will help us find a bargain.

We will both be very sad to leave here. If you had told me a couple of years ago that I would fall in love with France, I would have said you were crazy. But being here and having the adventures that I have had has been wonderful. That I think is down to who I have shared the adventures with.........

Slight change of plan, we have just heard from our landlord that we can stay on here for the extra few weeks. It will cost us half of what it would have cost for the caravan. I was rather looking forward to the live entertainment of an evening though.

No comments: