Tuesday 21 October 2008

Last voyage.......

We have just seen the most odd sight. I was standing outside on the balcony with a mug of tea, when below came a convoy of boats. On the deck of the first one was a coffin draped in the Union flag. It was on a sort of chute, ready to be tipped off into the depths of the sea. The first thing that struck me was, wow they must have had to fill out reams of forms to get permission to do that.

I would think that it was an old fisherman or a very keen sailor. I will do some research and find out who they were. I did notice that as the coffin passed various men who were wearing head wear, none of them removed them. I was always told as a boy, to remove my hat and dip my head.
Something I still do today. Soon I will be raising my "Irish" when a dead body passes my way.

For lunch I had a rocket, tomato and bacon sandwich. It was nice. I then remembered that I had a packet of mozzarella in the fridge, now that really would have been a sandwich. Perhaps tomorrow................

No comments: